Blog Archive

Featured Post

The MMDA Puzzle

Based on reports that I've been hearing, it appears that the Highway Patrol Group or HPG has been pulled out of its traffic duties alon...

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Equality as A Good Concept

In my daily travel from my home in Bulacan to my Pasig-based job, my normal route is to get off the bus at the MRT station in North Avenue. From there, I take the Fx bound for Megamall.

The operator of the FX taxi's traversing the route from SM-MRT to Megamall goes by the name Good Concept. If I am not mistaken, this is a cooperative and one of its key guidelines is to give priority to disabled passengers.

Now, this is not an easy guideline to observe given the stress attendant to the morning rush hour when workers from all walks of life try hard to gain an advantage while falling in line.

Yet, Good Concept has managed to abide by its guidelines. They have consistently made sure that people with disabilities like myself are given priority seats which are actually due us under Philippine laws.
It is sad to notice, though, that not everyone is aware of this. Hence, some people tend to question Good Concept about its policy vis-a-vis disabled people.I suggest they get a copy of the Accessibility Law and get the needed enlightenment.Ignorance of the law excuses no one.

To Good Concept, please find pleasure in the fact that your efforts in providing access to public transportation to disabled people do not go unnoticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment