Blog Archive

Featured Post

The MMDA Puzzle

Based on reports that I've been hearing, it appears that the Highway Patrol Group or HPG has been pulled out of its traffic duties alon...

Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Long Stretch of Road

Several years ago, during a job interview, I was asked a question that proved quite profound. The question was: if you were to describe your life in just one sentence, how will you describe it?


I never realy cared to remember the answer I gave to the interviewer. But, in the last few weeks, after going through a difficult and personal life experience, the question came back to my mind: if you are to describe your life in just one sentence, how will you describe it?

In a single sentence, I would say my life is a long stretch of road. And as I travel across this road, I get to meet people, many of whom I get to hurt; while others get to hurt me in return.

Getting to hurt people was never intentional on my part. In the same way, I know now that people who get to hurt me never do so deliberately.

Still, there was pain inflicted, and many times, this same pain can linger inside, causing haunting heartaches and even untold hatred, emotions that can lead you to feign a smile while tears flow unceasingly from the most fragile portion of your heart.

It is only in letting go of the pain and embracing forgiveness that you will find inner peace. Sadly, as I look back at the road behind me, I find that I have allowed the tears to continue swelling while seeing the road before me as only stacked with more uncertainties, and more of the same unpleasant experiences. That thought, I realized, has kept me from seeing the end of this road and I know that it will still take several more twists and turns before I see a change in the road patterns or even a crossroad.

One faint hope gives me a smile, though. The hope that at the end of this long stretch, I will find my Maker waiting for me with a smile on His divine lips, telling me I have done well, and that He is pleased to know that I am finally coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment